Sunday 24 October 2010

Day Sixteen - Thursday 21st October 2010






Well today was different, had a driving lesson at 0745 this morning so took a Brufen Retard (very strong 800mg time release Ibuprofen) when I woke up to try and ease the pain in my knee and allow me to drive. Seemed to work for a time, right up until I was doing 3 point turns and the reversing part meant I had to use my leg at an awkward angle for the clutch and the pain flared up again :( could have driven home but I didn't feel that it would be safe with my knee like that.
Also went to the Doctors finally this afternoon, got told it was either tendon or ligament damage and given a script for Co-Codamol and Diclofenac to help with the pain and inflammation. We shall see how that goes.
I was also advised to try swimming once my knees better as a way to lose weight and to also build up the strength in my knees before I start jogging again.

Food and Drink Diary -

0555 - Cup of Coffee (1) (2 Sugars, Semi-Skimmed Milk)

0625 - Cup of Coffee (2) (1 Sugar, Semi-Skimmed Milk)

0730 - Small Glass of Semi-Skimmed Milk

1615 - Cup of Coffee (3) (1 Sugar, Semi-Skimmed Milk)

1745 - Dinner -

  • 2 Steak Pies
  • Boiled New Potatoes (with a little Butter)
  • Spoonful of Mashed Turnips
  • A little gravy
2010 - Cup of Coffee (4) (1 Sugar, Semi-Skimmed Milk)

Total Cigarettes = 19

Feeling -

Really not great, my diet has gone totally down the crapper these last few days and without being able to exercise (can't do any sit up's, press up's or kneeling press up's either due to pain whenever I try) I have a feeling all the weight I've lost already will be piling back on. It's starting to make me extremely depressed. Also the pain in my knee gets worse when I lay down so it's effecting my sleep as well, leaving me exhausted most days :(

No comments:

Post a Comment